Chicken & Pork Adobo
- 1/2 Kilo boneless pork loin roast cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 Kilo boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. salt or amount to taste
- 1/2 tbsp. black peppercorn coarsely ground
- 2 tbsp. garlic peeled and crush
- 2 pcs. bay leaves torn
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
Season pork and chicken with salt and pepper and place in a stock pot. Rub with crushed garlic and torn bay leaf, and coat with vinegar and soy sauce. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
Bring meat and marinating liquid to a boil in a cast iron casserole or Dutch oven. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until meat is tender, about 30 minutes. If necessary, add water to prevent sauce from drying out.
Strain liquid from meat and set aside; discard bay leaves. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the pork and chicken on all sides; reduce heat and stir in remaining 2 cloves of smashed garlic. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Pour in reserved cooking liquid, and continue simmering until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve hot.